An experienced writing mentor and workshop leader, Nancy is a recipient of the Chairs’ Faculty Teaching Award at University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. Nancy has led writing workshops and given readings and talks at colleges and universities, high schools, book festivals, independent reading series, libraries, community groups, and radio shows.
Recent and Upcoming Appearances
- Booksigning, AWP, Washington DC, Spalding University Booth, 10:30-11:45 Saturday, February 11, 2017.
- Reading, Celebration of New Books, Spalding University, Fall 2016, TBA.
- Book Launch for Following Disasters, Oct. 19, 2016, 7:00 p.m., University Room, U. of Pittsburgh at Bradford, co-sponsored by Friends of Hanley Library, Baily’s Beads, and the Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies program.
- Booksigning, Talking Leaves Books, Main Street, Buffalo, NY, 7:00 p.m. Oct. 9, 2016
- Prose Writer in Residence, Chautauqua Institution, August 2016.
- “Gender Expectations in Anne of Avonlea: Anne’s Imaginative Legacy,” L.M. Montgomery Conference, Charlottetown, PEI, June 2016.
- Faculty, Chautauqua Writers’ Festival, June 2016.
- Reading, Olean Public Library, Olean, NY, October 2015.
- Workshops, Wellsville Writers’ Group, April and October 2015.
- Reading, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, October 2015.
- Workshop and Booksigning, Watermark Books, Wichita, KS, June 2016.
- “From Little Houses to Little Women: The Shaping of the Female Artist,” Laurapalooza Featured Speaker, Brookings, SD, July 2015.
- “From Little Houses to Little Women: The Work of Maud Hart Lovelace,” Deep Valley Homecoming Keynote Speaker, Mankato, MN, June 2015.
- “Looking for Liberty: Adventure Vs. Comfort in the Titles of Classic Girls’ Novels.” International Children’s Literature Association Conference, Richmond, VA, June 2015.
- Reading, University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg Writers’ Festival, April 2015.
- Booksigning, AWP, Minneapolis, April 2015.
- Reading and Booksigning for release of Every Father’s Daughter, Carmichael’s Books, Louisville, KY, May 2015.
- Book Launch for From Little Houses to Little Women, January 2015, University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, co-sponsored by Friends of Hanley Library and the Nontraditional Student Association.